Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Beady Eyes

Ru has recently learned to be creepy.  I think he got it from Chubs.  You know, where your pig just sits there facing you and stares, black beady eyes unblinking.  I think it's the lack of stereoscopic vision that does it.

It makes me wonder about a guinea pig's visual range.  I'm sure they have a great panoramic view, given that their eyes are situated on the sides of their heads like most prey animals (you may notice when your pigs are browsing they look up and around with each eye to keep an eye out for predators).  They have to have some forward sight though, so I wonder just how good it is and how much they can focus.

At least he hasn't figured out how to do shark eyes like Chubs.  Nothing like looking over while doing crunches on the floor and seeing Chubs, head up, silent and poised and watching you from over the cage wall.  Silly pig.  

No comments:

Post a Comment